- In their opinion, it is necessary to clearly define what exactly should happen in the result. While migrating to the IP-communications platform, it should be specifically pinpointed, where and for what purpose IP-telephony will be used. Besides, one should find out whether this will be beneficial.
- It is necessary to think in advance about the maximum use of all the advantages of IP-telephony. Very often companies make the same quite natural mistake: they consider IP PBX as a simple replacement of the ordinary telephone network of the enterprise. However, VoIP has a much broader functionality that can be used in the company’s business processes to increase competitive advantage.
- In addition, you need to plan how the entire system will be managed and maintained. Without having guaranteed management tools, the entire production process can be compromised.
- A prerequisite is the quality education of the end users. You cannot expect from the employees that in the morning, having received new IP phones as a replacement for old phones, they will immediately understand the nuances of managing this unknown equipment.
- It should be borne in mind that VoIP can change the interaction with other applications. The capabilities provided by the converged environment require the development of more suitable tools than the set used by conventional telephony.
- It makes sense to calculate the full cost of a VoIP solution, which, of course, differs from the cost for the initial deployment of the system itself. The calculation should take into account the primary investment (in addition to purchasing a VoIP solution) in the reconstruction of its local network (equipment, works), monthly costs and annual costs, including repairs and in the inevitable future upgrade.
- The return on the VoIP-system investment can be increased as follows: find features that can increase system performance. One should understand that VoIP has significant advantages over previous types of communication. For example, voice and email, video mail and fax can be transmitted using a single interface. A small technological expansion is easy to ensure the connection of mobile devices. Remote offices receive the same communication capabilities within the company as the headquarters staff.
I’m a blogger. I have the main blog – Cheap VoIP, where I write about telecom solutions, VoIP, IP telephony, ways to reduce costs on telephone communications and the like. It’s him that I untwist and it’s his arrangement that I do.
When I started to run it, I found that writing posts and inserting pictures is only the tip of the blogging iceberg. Actually, there is a whole world here, with its own laws and rules. Good luck reading my posts!